9 days / 8 nights
A trip to escape time between the desert and high altiplano in the north of Chile. Travelling at the pace and to the rhythm of your horse within a wild landscape, traveling ancient routes like the Inca road that eventually became so important to the Spanish conquerors. But above all, the route we take is off-the-beaten-track to say the least – well off the traditional trails and allowing for an exceptional experience approach to the area’s rural inhabitants who inhabit the small typical villages that cross our route.
A 9 day self-supported trip, that runs through the indigenous villages between Chiu Chiu and San Pedro de Atacama.
- Day 1: Calama Airport – Chiu chiu
- Day 2: Chiu Chiu – Puente del Diablo
- Day 3: Puente del Diablo – Turi
- Day 4: Turi – Caspana
- Day 5: Caspana – Tucarpo
- Day 6: Tucarpo- Rio Grande
- Day 7: Rio Grande – Catarpe
- Day 8: Catarpe – San Pedro de Atacama
- Day 9: Transfer out hotel – Airport.
- 2 hotel nights per person (1 night in Calama and 1 night in San Pedro de Atacama.
- 2 Transfer
- Airport Calama / San Pedro Airport.
- Transfer from Calama to Chiu Chiu.
- 2 Transfer
- Meals during the ride (Breakfast, snack / lunch, dinner).
- Individual tents or for two people.
- Common area dome tent; Kitchen and dining room.
- Complete Chilean saddle and tack.
- Expedition First aid kit.
DOES NOT INCLUDE
- non riding day meals.
- entrance fees to visited museums or National Parks
- Domestic Chilean flights
- Tips (Suggested 10%)